Tips of replacing iPhone XR screen:
- Turn off the phone first if possible
- Put the iPhone on a heat pad for a few minutes to soften the adhesives before removing the screen. That will make the removing process much easier and less damages to the parts.
- Use a suck cup to hold the screen and pull it upwards gently while using a pry tool to open the screen from the right bottom corner.
- Disconnect the battery as soon as you can after opened the phone.
- Transfer the screen code onto the new screen to keep the True Tone functionality.
- Even though the seal of the screen is not waterproof it is better to apply it onto the frame to keep the phone water resistant.
- As the screws are different please remember to put the right screw back to it’s original place to avoid damages to the screen and the phone.
- Test the screen (display and touch), light sensor and distance sensor after the screen replacement job is completed. And the camera, earpiece and mic in loudspeaker mode.
- And more importantly to test the Face ID function.